Aviva Italy supports the Mutual Aid Fund, founded by Giuseppe Sala, Mayor of Milan.?The aim of the fund is to help those who are facing the hardest difficulties caused by the economic and health emergency relating to Covid-19.
Aviva Italy, a company present in Italy for almost a century, has stepped in to support the city of Milan by donating €100,000 to the municipality, joining the Milanese Mayor in the Mutual Aid Fund.
In addition to that, Aviva Italy has collected another €100,000 through the voluntary participation of employees who have donated their holiday days, reaching a total of €200,000 to support the cause of the Mutual Aid Fund.
"We are very close to the city of Milan and are extremely proud to express our commitment, to guarantee a better tomorrow, to those facing the hardest difficulties caused by the emergency we are experiencing."
“As a company that has operated in Italy’s financial sector for almost a century, we strongly believe that the economy is the true motor of the development of the country and of a dynamic city like Milan – comments Ignacio Izquierdo, CEO of Aviva Italy.
“For this reason, we wish that Milanese professionals and owners of SME will not be forced to leave their activities, that represent a significant source of profits for their families and for the socio-economic environment.
“Our thoughts and commitment go in this direction, with the hope of helping Milan to overcome this difficult moment and write an even more successful history of the city.”
The fund instituted by the Mayor Sala, aims to support the recovery of the economy and citizen’s activities, in addition to the €3 million already allocated by the city council. ?Citizens, companies and associations willing to help are being encouraged to donate to the fund.
Notes to editors:
- For information on how Aviva is helping our people, customers and communities impacted by COVID-19 visit: www.cqeawx.icu/covid-19-our-response/
- Aviva is a leading international savings, retirement and insurance business. We exist to be with people when it really matters, throughout their lives – to help them make the most of life. We have been taking care of people for more than 320 years, in line with our purpose of being ‘with you today, for a better tomorrow’.
- Our vision is to earn our customers’ trust as the best place to save for the future, navigate retirement and insure what matters most to them. In 2019, we paid ￡33.2 billion in claims and benefits on behalf of our 33.4 million customers.
- We operate through five business divisions: Investments, Savings & Retirement; UK Life; General Insurance; Europe Life; and Asia Life; and focus on three strategic priorities: deliver great customer outcomes, excel at the fundamentals and invest in sustainable growth.
- Total group assets under management at Aviva group are ￡510 billion and our Solvency II capital surplus is ￡12.6 billion (FY19). Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 index.
- For more details on what we do, our business and how we help our customers, visit www.cqeawx.icu/about-us
- The Aviva newsroom at www.cqeawx.icu/newsroom includes links to our image library, research reports and our news release archive. Sign up to get the latest news from Aviva by email.
- You can follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
- You can follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/aviva-plc
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva
- We have a Globelynx system for broadcast interviews. Please contact the Press Officer noted above if you would like to make a booking.